Proposal Engineer - Operations & Maintenance
Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractor is looking for an O&M Proposal Engineer
Does sustainable energy trigger your interest? Do you have a combined technical background with commercial interest?
Then you could be BWSC’s next Proposal Engineer in our O&M Sales department.
O&M contract sales
In the O&M Sales department we sell long-term O&M contracts for energy plants, where BWSC undertakes the full operation and maintenance of the plant on behalf of the owner. The plant technologies include not only hybrid, biomass, and waste-to-energy plants, but also offerings on related process and power technologies such as PtX.
Our commercial agreements range from EUR 50 to 100 million, and we are looking for a candidate who is familiar with technical and commercial processes at a high level in an international market with multiple stakeholders.
As Proposal Engineer you will be responsible for developing opportunities from leads to final contracts in an international environment.
- Together with the clients develop the most suitable and efficient solutions
- Working with specification, calculation, and preparation of proposals
- Establishing supplier relations specific to projects and technologies
- Developing new, innovative, and competitive O&M concepts
- Capturing and anchoring lessons learned from previously executed projects
- Preparing contract documentation
- Participating in negotiations with clients
You have a degree in marine, mechanical or electrical engineering (or similar) with an interest in the commercial aspects of a project. Alternatively, you hold a degree in commercials with interest for technical sales of complex solutions. Ideally, you have experience from the power industry within biomass, waste to energy, hybrid plants or alternatively from similar jobs in other industries.
When it comes to tackling proposal projects, you are a self-starter with drive, who welcomes the chance to take the initiative. You bring an analytical, systematic approach to your work and an eye for detail and accuracy and your positive, proactive approach enables you to take a task and run with it independently.
In addition, you have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, and you naturally provide excellent, loyal customer service, all the while respecting customer confidentiality.
- Relevant experience in a similar technical and/or contractual environment
- Technical flair and experience with proposals and sales of complex technical and commercial contracts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills within business Danish and English (other languages such as French and Spanish are considered an asset as well)
What we offer
An exciting position with professional technical and commercial challenges. The position will offer the right candidate introduction to the insights of the industry. The position requires approximately 25 travel days a year and the salary will reflect your qualifications.
At our headquarters in Allerød, north of Copenhagen, you will find a positive work environment with an informal corporate culture. We offer a canteen with healthy, affordable food, a fitness room and diverse social clubs. You’ll also be covered by our corporate health insurance policy and pension program.
About Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractor (BWSC)
BWSC is an engineering and contracting company originating from the Danish B&W organisation. We are project-oriented, specialising in the development, design, construction and operation of turnkey power plants and energy systems with ambitious goals within biomass-to-energy, waste-to-energy and hybrid solutions worldwide. We deliver operation, maintenance and service of power plants. We have 700 dedicated employees, of which 400 are based at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark. Currently, we are constructing power plants in the Faroe Islands, the UK and the Caribbean. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in the UK, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka, several islands in the Caribbean and a number of West African countries.