Junior Engineer for Mechanical Systems
Scandinavian Energy Contractor A/S · Allerød
Do you want to be part of an ambitious new venture delivering world-class, sustainable energy solutions? Headquartered in Allerød, Scandinavian Energy Contractor (SEC) A/S is committed to a future of energy-from-waste (EfW) plant building and operation in the UK and Europe.
Scandinavian Energy Contractor (SEC) A/S is a new venture, based in Allerød formed by UK based CoGen Holdings and Koen Power Engineering. The company has bought the Advanced Conversion Technology (ACT) business of Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractors (BWSC) waste-toenergy segment which includes 70 experienced and dedicated employees. SEC commits to a future for Energy from Waste (EfW) plant building and operation in UK and Europe.
Do you have experience with design, specification, and management of the supply of Mechanical Systems for handling of solid fuel and waste for large process plants? Wouldyou thrive in an international and dynamic company? Then you could be our new Lead Engineer in Mechanical department with the responsibility for fuel and waste handling systems.
Do you have an educational background as Mechanical Engineer or Marine Engineer, and maybe a couple of years’ experiences within power plants or process industry? Would you thrive in an international and dynamic company? Then you could be our new Junior Engineer in Mechanical department with the responsibility for various system design of auxiliary systems to our Energy from Waste or Biomass plants project.
- Design and specification of various auxiliary systems (ex. compressed air, pumps system or unit design).
- Managing the corporation with suppliers in respect of coordinating of interfaces and final design.
- Participate in negotiations with sub-suppliers.
- Specify and follow up on documentation from suppliers, including PID and equipment lists.
- Following up on time schedule from suppliers in according to project schedule.
- Inspections/FAT and check of equipment at the suppliers’ production facilities before shipping.
- Site support.
- Preferable knowledge within the area of Energy from Waste or Biomass power plants.
- Preferable experience with a large turnkey contractor.
- High focus on quality and deadlines.
- Educational background as Mechanical Engineer or Marine Engineer.
- Good cooperation skills.
- Good English language skills – written and oral.
We expect qualified candidates to have up to two years of experience within the abovementioned areas in mechanical engineering. We seek a proactive junior Mechanical Engineer, who can or are capable to learn, to manage stakeholder relations in the complex environment of design office and construction sites.
- An exciting job with great technical and personal challenges in a dynamic and growing company.
- The possibility to be part of a new and exciting adventure in at newly established company.
- Salary according to qualifications.
We are a project-oriented entrepreneurial company, and we manage our projects in an energetic matrix organization. Our daily work environment is fast-paced with high focus on cross-functional teamwork. It is therefore important that you thrive under these conditions and are able to maintain both the detailed quality focus and overview of the workflow andinterdependencies.
Please be informed that the position will requires occasional travel.
About Scandinavian Energy Contractor (SEC) A/S
SEC originates as a carve out from BWSC, who originated from the stationary engine division of Burmeister & Wain (B&W), which has built and installed diesel engines for power plants since 1904. SEC will build on BWSC’s impressive track record with the installation of more than 4000MW in 74 countries. Building on that vast experience, knowledge and resources acquired from the carveout, will allow SEC to grow its energy business in the UK and beyond. SEC are committed to delivering high-quality facilities, utilising the skills and experience of the transferring staff, building on the undoubted BWSC reputation, and never losing focus on value-added customer support that the end-users have come to expect. All of these come together to secure a forwardlooking, sustainable business with a long-term focus on engineering a better future.