Do you want to be part of an ambitious new venture delivering world-class, sustainable energy solutions? Headquartered in Allerød, Scandinavian Energy Contractor (SEC) A/S is committed to a future of energy-from-waste (EfW) plant building and operation in the UK and Europe.
Do you want to be responsible for and ensure that the lay-out and general arrangement is state-of-the art and designed for safe and cost-efficient construction, operation and maintenance? And that we are in full compliance with local regulation as well as fulfilling vendors requirements for the allocated space available? Are you an experienced engineer/technician with a strong drive and proven project management skills? Then you might be the right candidate for our position as Space Project Manager.
As Space Project Manager at SEC, you will be in the centre of project team and take full responsibility for the general arrangement and space allocation for the complete scope of work. You will through close cooperation with the discipline project managers, the Owner and the vendors and partner contribute to the construction of projects internationally being state-of-the-art in respect of constructability and maintainability following the relevant guidelines, standards and expectations from many stakeholders.
Typical tasks are:
- Providing leadership in safety, constructability and maintainability to the assigned project teams and ensuring timely, qualified, and financially sound handling of all relevant issues related to the general arrangement and lay-out of the plant.
- Leading and participating in regular meetings with allocated engineers and clients, contract negotiations, procurement and follow-ups
- Ensuring project related cooperation with the project management team including collecting and/or producing relevant information from in-house disciplines and/or external suppliers
- Providing technical support to always solve conflicting interest in the best interest of the project.
- Supporting construction, installation, commissioning maintenance and operation teams with arrangement and lay-out challenged.
- Ensuring and supporting cooperation and motivation of the project team while also focusing on tasks, deadlines and timely delivery
You have a relevant engineering or technical educational background or the equivalent. You have minimum 5 years of experience with the field of Space management and experience within the process engineering industry, preferably from Power Plant engineering and/or construction. Experience with Aveva/E3D and Naviswork software is an advantage, but not required. Additional you have flair for a digital world and understand to use the 3D model of the plant to guide the project team towards proactive design review in advance of the actual construction.
Furthermore, you have skills and experience in project management and can handle many stakeholders with conflicting interest including periods of considerable workload.
As a Project Manager you also possess the following qualifications:
- Focus on safe construction and operation is first priority for all decisions.
- Good understanding of the financial impact of your decision including understand of the benefit of a pro-active approach to risks and opportunities.
- Good communication skills and leadership skills
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
We seek a proactive project manager who can manage stakeholder relations in the complex environment of construction and operation sites. You can manage an internal lay-out team working under tight deadlines, all the while ensuring safety and environmental regulations are maintained.
An exciting position with professional challenges. Salary will be according to qualifications.
At our headquarters in Allerød, north of Copenhagen, you will find a positive work environment with an informal corporate culture. We offer a canteen with healthy and affordable food and a fitness room. You will also be covered by our corporate health insurance policy and pension programme.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Jan Kristoffersen, SVP, Project Execution on +45 30179091