Service Sales Manager
Do you enjoy selling service, rehabilitation and upgrade jobs for the power plant industry? Are you able to drive simple as well as complex service projects from “lead-to-sale”? Can you coordinate the efforts of key technical, legal and commercial specialists, external business partners and other stakeholders?
Then you might be the right candidate for an exciting position, where your technical and commercial skills will be equally challenged. Africa, the Middle East and other parts of the world will be your sales territory. Upholding and developing BWSC’s world-class reputation as a reliable service partner will be your responsibility.
Service business opportunities
As Service Sales Manager, you will be actively promoting BWSC service sales and also scouting for new business opportunities in a fast-paced environment, where the difference between winning and losing is marginal.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying leads and business opportunities within a selected region
- Maintaining business ties with clients, partners and other stakeholders and expanding our network in the region
- Preparing sales strategies for specific regions, countries and clients
- The specification, calculation and preparation of technical/commercial proposals for a wide range of services such as overhauls, repair work, up-grade and retro-fit projects, as well as long term service agreements
- Following up on proposals with the customers directly or in close cooperation with our external sales staff and Project Managers
- Participating in the development of innovative and competitive technical service and up-grade concepts within the hybrid power plant area.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with large diesel plants and/or the power business. Preferably as marine, electrical or mechanical engineer (or equivalent technical background)
- Flair for and interest in sales and preparation of technical proposals with complex commercial elements
- Excellent English language skills – written and spoken. Proficiency in French, Portuguese, Spanish or other language will also be welcomed
- Strong networking and communication skills
- Systematic and committed with the ability to focus in a dynamic and often hectic environment
An interesting and challenging job in an international company with good opportunities for personal and professional development. We also offer good conditions of employment and pay according to qualifications. A fair amount of travel should be anticipated.
About Burmeister & Wain Scandinavian Contractor (BWSC)
BWSC is a Danish engineering and contracting company originating from the B&W organization. We are project-oriented, specializing in sales-development, design, construction, test and commissioning of turnkey power plants and energy systems, including retrofitting, technical services, utility management, and operation & maintenance contracts. We are an equity investor in power plant projects as well as being a supplier of complete biomass boiler solutions and boiler service, with ambitious goals for biomass, waste-to-energy and hybrid and engine-based power plants worldwide. We have 700 dedicated employees, of which 450 are based at our headquarters in Allerød, Denmark. Currently, we are constructing power plants in the Faroe Islands, the UK and a number of West African countries. Furthermore, we service and operate power plants in the UK, Panama, Kenya, Sri Lanka and the Caribbean.